OUR FREE TAX PREP SERVICES ARE NOW OVER. PLEASE CHECK BACK IN JANUARY 2024.
FREE TAX PREP IF YOU MADE $64,000 OR LESS
Need help? Call us at (772) 203-5766.
Please make sure to bring the following materials with you:
- Social Security cards or ITIN# for YOU, your SPOUSE, and ALL DEPENDENTS
- VALID picture IDs • MUST PROVIDE Identity Theft Pin #, if applicable
- W-2 Forms and/or 1099s from all jobs worked in 2023
- Copy of your 2022 tax return (if you filed one)
- Stimulus or Economic Impact Payment (EIP) information
- IRS Letter #6419 (for those who received the Advanced Child Tax Credit Payments in 2022)
- If possible complete and bring Form IRS 13614-C to expedite the intake process – otherwise you will need to complete the intake form at United Way.
- Prior to your appointment, please complete the intake form below. Electronic submissions are available upon request.
IF any of the following apply to you, please bring documentation
- All 1099 forms showing other income received in 2023
- Health Insurance Form 1095-A, B or C
- Routing # and Account # for direct deposit of your refund
- Childcare expenses, with provider address and Federal ID #
- Mortgage interest statements
- Any notices received from the IRS or state tax office
- College tuition and student loan interest statements
- Lottery/gambling winnings
- Unemployment benefits
- Alimony paid or received
Most frequent questions and answers
Please make sure you have all of your required paperwork for your appointment. When you arrive for your appointment, please check-in at the desk. A VITA Volunteer will go through the intake process and review your required documentation before meeting with a tax preparer.
*NOTE* Please make sure to check your email inbox regularly for important reminders regarding your appointment, including a list of materials you will need to bring with you to your appointment. If you are not seeing emails from us, make sure to check your junk folder.
MyFreeTaxes.com helps people file their federal and state taxes for free, brought to you by United Way.
It is the largest free tax preparation service operated by a nonprofit.
- MyFreeTaxes is mobile optimized so everyone can access MyFreeTaxes from their computer, tablet, or smart phone.
- Most filers complete their taxes in less than an hour.
- MyFreeTaxes is completely free for federal and unlimited state returns
- No income limit
- No age restrictions
- No hidden fees
- No upsells
Please set up an account with one of the free filing software products and follow the prompts at https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/browse-all-offers
If your taxes need amending, please contact us at (772) 567-8900 to schedule an appointment to meet with a certified tax preparer.
Straight from the IRS website, here is a list of forms you may need.
If you filed your taxes through our VITA program, please contact us at (772) 567-8900.
If you did not file with our VITA program, please go back to the original filing agency or software to generate an 8962 form from their recently received 1095-A.
Extensions will not be processed after April 15, 2024.
Taxpayer Advocate Service: (800) 777-4778 or call (844) 545-5640 to make an appointment in Port St. Lucie.