UWIRC IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPOINTMENTS FOR THE 2021 TAX SEASON
If you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment, please call us at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment at (772) 567-8900.
COLLECT YOUR THINGS: Please make sure to bring the following materials with you to your VITA appointment.
- Social Security cards or ITIN# for YOU, your SPOUSE, and ALL DEPENDENTS
- Bring VALID picture IDs
- MUST PROVIDE Identity Theft Pin #, if applicable
- W-2 Forms and/or 1099s from all jobs worked in 2020
- Copy of your 2019 tax return (if you filed one
- Stimulus or Economic Impact Payment (EIP) information
If any of the following apply to you, bring documentation:
- All 1099 forms showing other income received in 2020
- Health Insurance form 1095-A, B or C
- Routing # and Account # for direct deposit of your refund
- Childcare expenses, with provider address and federal ID#
- Mortgage interest statements
- Any notices received from the IRS or state tax office
- College tuition and student loan interest statements
- Lottery/gambling winnings
- Unemployment benefits
- Alimony paid or received
United Way of Indian River County Drop-off Valet VITA Protocol
The VITA tax preparation service provided by United Way of IRC has faced significant challenges and obstacles since this unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic. With our doors closed to the general public, the following is UWIRC’s VITA protocol based on guidance published by the IRS and health experts.
The United Way Center, located at 1836 14th Avenue in Vero Beach, is the only site offering VITA services in Indian River County for the 20/21 tax season. VITA will be restricted to a “drop-off valet model” during which there will be NO CLOSE CONTACT between a client and volunteer tax preparer. A tax preparer will contact the client by phone or text if there are any questions about the client’s tax return.
Day of Appointment:
- If you have a fever, cough, or any flu symptoms, you will need to reschedule.
- Wear a mask and use hand sanitizer provided as soon as you arrive.
- If possible, complete and bring this FORM 13614-C to expedite the intake process – otherwise, you will need to complete the intake form at United Way.
- You will be required to provide a mobile phone number to receive text messages in case your tax preparer needs to contact you.
Review, Sign-off and Pick-up
- When your 1040 is complete you will receive a phone call or text to make an appointment to review your return, authorize e-filing, and receive your copy. If married filing jointly, both spouses must sign.
SPONSORS | A HUGE shout and thank you to our dedicated volunteers and sponsors for helping us provide this FREE service to our community.