JOIN US FOR A MONTH WITH A MISSION!
Every year, we look forward to hosting our annual Day of Caring. A day where over one thousand volunteers come together to work hard, laugh, and make a change in our community. It’s a perfect team-building opportunity for families, coworkers, teams, and clubs. It’s also a great way for individuals to deepen their understanding of local human service needs, find a cause they care about, roll up their sleeves, and get to work making a difference!
We’ve all had to make adjustments and changes thanks to COVID-19 and that’s what we’ve had to do with Day of Caring 2020.
Day of Caring looks a little different this year, but we still wanted to do something with our philanthropic community of volunteers! Instead of just one day, we will be doing a month of service in Indian River County.
Each week will have a new theme that coincides with our impact areas – Education, Health & Financial Stability. All week long there will be new project ideas that you can do safely by yourself, with your family, or with your office that are giving back to the community. Some acts are bigger than others, but YOU decide how you want to participate.
Our mission remains the same in 2020: to help volunteers give back to Indian River County.
Let’s build a kinder Indian River County, together.
IT’S AS EASY AS 1-2-3!
- CHOOSE an act of kindness
- CARRY OUT your kind act
- TELL US about it! Please make sure to follow social distancing guidelines when sharing your photos with us.
CHALK YOUR WALK COMPETITION
Chalk Your Walk is all about spreading joy, optimism and inspiration through the magical power of sidewalk chalk. Remember when you were a kid and you would draw pictures and write happy thoughts with chalk in your driveway and down the sidewalks of your street? This is the same idea, no matter how old you are now.
The idea is as simple as it was in childhood: write happy messages, have fun doing it, and spread some joy while you’re at it. And at the end, you could win a chance to get your artwork onto a t-shirt to sell for United Way!
- Decorate your sidewalk, in your garage, anywhere that can be drawn on with chalk
- Keep it positive and uplifting
- Take a photo of your artwork
- Upload it to social media with the tag #ChalkYourWalkIRC, #UnitedIRC
- Or email photo to Sydney.Mihailoff@UnitedWayIRC.org
- Please include: Artist name and age, neighborhood, and a brief description about what it is and why it inspires you
- Photos must be uploaded by Sunday, October 18th to be considered for voting
- Voting ends on Sunday, October 25th