WHERE TRAINED VOLUNTEERS PROTECT DONOR INVESTMENTS
We rely on volunteers like you to review applications for United Way funding each year – and you’re invited to join us!
Every April, volunteers review grant applications, conduct non-profit agency site visits, and evaluate and recommend programming to aid in funding decisions. Each team is made up of a Panel Chair, Financial Analyst, and several Associate Panelists. Through the Citizens’ Review Process, you are helping direct donor funds to fill the biggest Health, Education, and Financial Stability gaps in our community.
No previous experience necessary.
**In an effort to practice social distance, this year’s process will offer both in-person and virtual opportunities.
Do you have…
- A basic concern for the well-being of all members of the community?
- An interest in the non-profit agencies that provide essential human services in Indian River County?
- A sense of curiosity about how United Way funded partners operate and deliver service?
- A willingness to contribute time and talent to assist United Way in its stewardship responsibility?
Governance and Fiscal Review Committee
February through March 2022
- Review agencies that have requested funding (internal operations)
Citizens’ Review Process
- Review of programs that have requested funding
- Conduct virtual or in-person non-profit agency site visits
- Evaluate and recommend programming to aid in funding decisions