We are dedicated to developing an inclusive workplace with deep roots in the community that we serve. We are thrilled you’re interested in being a part of this exciting and meaningful work.
All open positions
Job Title: Community Engagement Associate
Classification: Full Time /Non-Exempt
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) & Campaign Director
To serve as the first point of contact for people calling or visiting the United Way and to provide support services and general office functions for all departments. It is critical that the Community Engagement Assistant be an effective communicator, a gracious human being and a professional representative of this agency. This employee will be interacting, both in person and telephonically, with volunteers, building tenants, vendors, visitors to the building and other team members. Community Engagement Assistant will amplify brand awareness in the community by enhancing the use of ‘Volunteer Indian River County’ as a tool for understanding of UWIRC’s work and developing meaningful opportunities for engagement.
Performs as switchboard operator, answering questions and/or referring incoming calls to appropriate UWIRC staff.
Greet visitors to the United Way Center [UWC] and assist them with information regarding meetings, the location of tenant agencies in the United Way building or announcing/directing guests to the appropriate staff member.
Manage scheduling usage of UWC’s Community and Board Room by local nonprofits including collection of appropriate forms and documents. When needed, assist those using the UWC with entry to the Community Room and instruction on use of AV equipment, process for exiting UWC after hours, clean up requirements, etc.
Miscellaneous duties include:
- Check for incoming faxes and direct them to the proper individual.
- Maintain lock box of all UWC keys and provide keys and instructions on securing/alarming building for after-hours use.
- Coordinate front desk and phone coverage with other staff for breaks, lunch and other time off to ensure coverage during business hours. Prepare backup schedule for reception desk and circulate to appropriate staff.
- Supports events by managing RSVPs and maintaining registrations.
- Responsible for recruiting, training and supervising United Way’s mailing volunteers.
- Working on UWIRC mailings (folding, stuffing, sealing, stamping, etc.)
- Works with other departments to identify volunteer opportunities in existing and new community impact work and advocates for volunteer engagement with internal and
- Engages with volunteers to ensure quality experience
- Return Mail entry in database -Low-level data entry or clean up within Raiser’s Edge 7.
- Arranges equipment maintenance when needed.
- Help coordinate Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) appointment scheduling.
- Sell tickets to Jackie Robinson Celebration Games.
- Presence at UWIRC events as needed.
- Supports events by managing RSVPs and maintaining registrations.
- Supports donor engagement efforts: sending birthday and thank you cards, creating certificates.
- Maintains (updates, researches, and corrects) membership rosters of committees, funded and community partners.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Replenish copy paper in Kyocera at end of each weekday.
Assist CEO with UW Board meetings
- Set up recorders and prepare monthly minutes
- Disseminate meeting reminders and materials from all staff
- Set up Community Room for meeting
- Coordinate lunches: order or purchase food & drinks, set up buffet, deal with leftovers and wash dishes
Coordinate Ordering/Purchase of All Needed Supplies
- Price comparing to keep costs down
- Break-room supplies & refreshments for meetings (coffee and coffee supplies, bottled water, soda, etc.)
- Cleaning supplies & paper products when requested by cleaning staff
- Office supplies
- Process and code all supply bills for payment
Volunteer Indian River County
- Responsible for administration of UWIRC “Get Connected” volunteer platform, sourcing new users, training users and potential users internally and externally, and utilizing the tool for volunteer recruitment.
- Strategically manage web-based volunteer recruitment portal, Get Connected, to include creating volunteer engagement opportunities and identifying agency opportunities
- Work in partnership with Marketing Director to create outreach plan and for all community organizations and general public to utilize.
- Seek and develop innovative ways to use Get Connected to track metrics, improve volunteer experience
- Utilize relationship management skills to build connections and encourage use of the website.
- Track, report, and maintain statistical data around volunteer participation and hours.
- Provide and support direction and training for website utilization.
Education & Experience Requirements:
Minimum: High school diploma.
Preferred: Associate’s degree or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
Desirable Skills and Qualities:
- Exceptional verbal communication skills.
- Active listener.
- Effective multitasker.
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Take personal initiative – working both independently and as a team member.
- A reliable and enthusiastic team player.
- Seeks creative and innovative solutions.
- Exhibits high personal standards of integrity, honesty and character.
- Easily move between being an independent self-starter and collaborative team member.
- Presents a high degree of maturity, reliability and self-confidence.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- A polite approach and desire to be helpful to others.
- A pleasant smile and helpful attitude.
With or without reasonable accommodation, employees in this position must be able to sit and type at a computer terminal for up to 8 hours per day with appropriate breaks and perform tasks that require fine dexterity and repetitive motions using the arms, hands, wrists and fingers. Further details of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
United Way of Indian River County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.
Please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com
It is the policy of United Way to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at United Way will be based on performance, skills and experience. United Way does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, genetic disposition or any other characteristic protected by law. Our policy applies to all applicants for employment; to all our Employees; and to all activities, terms, conditions and privileges of employment relating to recruiting, hiring, training and development, job benefits, educational assistance, transfers, compensation, promotions, disciplinary actions and employment termination in all job groups.