Non-Profit Education Series
United Way of Indian River County is pleased to announce a new non-profit educational series presented by the Edyth Bush Institute for Philanthropy & aNonprofit Leadership, a respected leader in non-profit training. The goal of these special sessions is to support you in enhancing capabilities, developing better agency strategies and collaboration, and ensuring operational success. As a funder, a core value is our commitment to helping each of the agencies we support succeed and we encourage you to attend all four classes as a comprehensive series.
These sessions are by invitation only, and agencies currently receiving funding from United Way of IRC are eligible to attend. In receiving this communication, your agency is eligible, so please consider this your formal invitation.
One session will be offered each month from March 2021 – June 2021. All sessions are designed for the Executive Director (or equivalent lead staff) or the Board Chair (Board Chair, Chair-Elect, or Vice Chair). Please notify your board leadership to get them signed up.
You must RSVP for the sessions.
All sessions will be virtual.
**Each attendee is REQUIRED to sign up separately.**
For questions or more information, please contact Nate Bruckner at 772.567.8900 ext. 114 or [email protected]
Friday, March 12, 2021 | 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM
Presenter: Lee Ann Foster, MEd
Compassion fatigue is the physical, emotional and psychological impact of helping others, typically during times of trauma. This ‘Timely Talk’ will offer strategies to manage your well-being and identify when your personal work-life balance needs adjustment.
- Examine situations and actions that contribute to compassion fatigue
- Explore self-care as a foundation for serving others
- Commit to personal activities of renewal
Friday, April 23, 2021 | 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM
In times of challenge, such as a global pandemic, it is essential to ensure a diversified stream of income for your organization. This ‘Timely Talk’ will provide tips to remain steadfast during variable economic conditions and maximize your mission impact.
- Understand current financial needs to support the organizational mission.
- Re-purpose staff and volunteers to participate in fundraising process.
- Consider a host of options to enhance donor communications.
Friday, May 21, 2021 | 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM
A consistent flow of dedicated, knowledgeable and mission driven board members is essential. In this ‘Timely Talk’, you will receive strategies to analyze your needs and be encouraged to consider multiple approaches to attract thoughtful, committed individuals.
- Understand current needs for your board and related advisory support.
- Capture the many ways to enhance your board recruitment.
- Learn to design a community support network to attract a continuous flow of candidates.
Friday, June 11, 2021 | 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM
In times of crisis, the board of directors must commit to an enhanced level of leadership. The board’s actions often determine how success will be defined both during and after the crisis situation.
- Learn the phases of crisis leadership and the importance of ‘all hands on deck’.
- Capture strategies for scenario planning and related financial condition.
- Discover options to enhance your mission and related community impact.