Thank you for scheduling your VITA tax prep appointment. Be sure to read the instructions below carefully. Please make sure to bring all of the necessary documentation to your appointment.
COLLECT YOUR THINGS: Please make sure to bring the following materials with you to your VITA appointment.
- Social Security cards or ITIN# for YOU, your SPOUSE, and ALL DEPENDENTS
- Bring VALID picture IDs
- MUST PROVIDE Identity Theft Pin #, if applicable
- W-2 Forms and/or 1099s from all jobs worked in 2020
- Copy of your 2019 tax return (if you filed one
- Stimulus or Economic Impact Payment (EIP) information
If any of the following apply to you, bring documentation:
- All 1099 forms showing other income received in 2020
- Health Insurance form 1095-A, B or C
- Routing # and Account # for direct deposit of your refund
- Childcare expenses, with provider address and federal ID#
- Mortgage interest statements
- Any notices received from the IRS or state tax office
- College tuition and student loan interest statements
- Lottery/gambling winnings
- Unemployment benefits
- Alimony paid or received
If you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment, please call us at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment at (772) 203-5766.
Day of Appointment at United Way of Indian River County, 1836 14th Avenue, Vero Beach, FL 32960.
- If you have a fever, cough, or any flu symptoms, you will need to reschedule.
- Wear a mask and use hand sanitizer provided as soon as you arrive.
- If possible, complete and bring this FORM 13614-C to expedite the intake process – otherwise, you will need to complete the intake form at United Way.
- You will be required to provide a mobile phone number to receive text messages in case your tax preparer needs to contact you.
Review, Sign-off and Pick-up
- When your 1040 is complete you will receive a phone call or text to make an appointment to review your return, authorize e-filing, and receive your copy. If married filing jointly, both spouses must sign.