FREE INTERNET FOR INDIAN RIVER COUNTY
With our children learning remotely, many people working from home, and critical services like medical appointments moving online, we have been reminded of our responsibility to ensure that every resident has access to affordable high-speed internet service.
We are delighted to inform you that you may qualify to have the Internet Essentials service paid for by United Way as part of our effort to narrow the digital divide in Indian River County.
The Internet Essentials program is for low-income residents through CARES Act Funding. This program is in partnership with Comcast and offers a router and high-speed internet access to qualifying low-income households for $9.95 per month. This fee has been waived as United Way is sponsoring this service and will be covering the cost.
Steps for getting your internet connected:
- Determine if you may qualify
- Receive your promo code from United Way of Indian River County
- Gather the information you need to apply
- Visit www.internetessentials.com
- Install and activate your internet service
In order to complete the Internet Essentials service application, you will need to receive a promo code. Please submit the form below and we will contact you with your promo code.
If you are a local organization that would like to receive 5 or more promo codes, please contact Meredith Egan at (772) 567-8900, ext. 125.
Individuals and families receiving the following benefits are eligible:
- MEDICAID: card or most recent eligibility letter for any member of your household.
- Public housing assistance documentation such as your lease, housing assistance payment (HAP) contract, or eligibility documentation from HUD.
- SNAP: letter indicating you are approved for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits.
- TANF: eligibility letter for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
- SSI: eligibility letter for Supplemental Security Income.
- NSLP/Head Start: copy of a letter indicating current participation in the National School Lunch Program or Head Start, with your child’s name, the school name, and the address of where you are requesting service.
- LIHEAP: letter confirming your eligibility for Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program.
- WIC: eligibility letter for the Women, Infants, and Children program.
- FEDERAL PELL GRANT: (Colorado and Illinois only) documentation from your community college’s financial aid office.
- VA PENSION: veterans pension eligibility determination letter from the Veterans Administration.
- Tribal assistance eligibility letter, including TTANF, FDPIR, etc.
You must qualify for Internet Essentials service to be eligible for this sponsorship.
- Households who owe money to Comcast may still qualify if approved by 6/30/2021.
- The promo code provided must be entered on the application in order to receive the sponsored service.
- Within the application, select that you have a child attending school and type in the name of your child’s school when prompted under the National School Lunch Program.
- Comcast requires applicants to verify their identity when opening a new account with us. We offer several verification options to make the process as easy and seamless as possible. You shouldn’t worry if you don’t have a Social Security number or if you feel uncomfortable providing it as we have other options to verify identity including through SMS text messaging on your mobile phone. We also accept over 30 different documents, including a number of international documents. Please visit https://internetessentials.com/get-help for a full list. The application will walk you through the options and next steps.
- Applying online is recommended. However, if you run into issues please call the Internet Essentials Partnership Program (IEPP) support team (844-963-0178) available 9am-8pm EST daily.
If you’ve already signed up for Internet Essentials for the COVID-19 2 Month Free Promo, please let us know if you would like to receive the sponsored service described above. You will need to call the dedicated Internet Essentials Partnership Program support team 844-963-0178 to move over to IEPP and will need to reference your promo code above, when speaking with an agent.
If you are a local organization looking to receive 5 or more promo codes, please contact Meredith Egan at (772) 567-8900, ext. 125.
- Download IEPP Flyers
- Social Media Assets (right click save as image)
- Social Media Messaging
We are delighted to inform you that you may qualify to have the #InternetEssentials service paid for by @UnitedWayIRC as part of our effort to narrow the #DigitalDivide in Indian River County. For details, to find out if you’re eligible and to sign up, please visit https://bit.ly/39zt4c6. #LiveUnited #UnitedIRC #DigitalEquity #VirtualLearning #EquityInEducation #EducationMatters #AccessForAll #WifiForAll
ABOUT INTERNET ESSENTIALS FROM COMCAST
Internet Essentials from Comcast is the nation’s largest, most comprehensive, most successful broadband adoption program for low-income Americans in the country. The program addresses the three major barriers to broadband adoption—digital literacy training and relevance, equipment, and cost—and relies on a network of tens of thousands of community partners to help families cross the digital divide. Since 2011, millions of low-income households have connected to the power of the Internet at home through the program.
*Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Equipment, installation, home drop off, taxes and other applicable charges and fees extra, and subject to change.